Vacancies: Accountant I, Accountant II
The Federal University Ndufu-Alike Ikwo, Ebonyi State is one of the nine newly established Federal Universities in Nigeria. The institution located about 25 kilometres south of Abakaliki (Off Abakaliki-Afikpo Highway), Ebonyi State capital is committed to excellence and integrity both in research and the production of leaders as well as being positioned to emerge as a top ranking, world-class university. Academic activities are planned to commence during the 2011/2012 academic year.
Applications are, hereby, invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the non- teaching vacancies in the following Units of the University.
Position: Accountant I (CONUSSS 8)
Candidates should possess at least a B.Sc. or HND in Accounting from a recognizes institution plus 3 years cognate experience. Registration with a recognized professional body will be an added advantage.
Position: Accountant II (CONUSSS 7)
Candidates should possess a good honors Degree or HND in Accounting from a recognized University, plus NYSC experience.
(i) All candidates must possess one of the following as applicable:
(a) NYSC Discharge Certificate
(b) NYSC Exemption Certificate
(c) NYSC Certificate of Exclusion
(ii) Salaries and Allowances attached to the various vacancies are the same with the approved Salary Scale for Federal Universities in Nigeria;
(iii) Candidates who are awaiting results need not apply,
(iv) Computer literacy is required for all advertised positions.
Method of Application
Candidates should forward ten (10) word-processed applications and ten (10) copies of detailed Curriculum Vitae with copies of credentials to the Registrar.
The Curriculum Vitae should, among other information, include the following in this order:
- Full name (Surname first in capital letters):
- Place and date of birth;
- State of origin & Local Government Area;
- Permanent Home Address;
- Present postal address/GSM numbers/e-mail address;
- Marital status:
- Number and ages of children (if any);
- Educational institutions attended with dates;
10. Academic qualifications obtained with dates;
11. Professional qualification obtained with dates;
12. Working experience including full details of former and present post (s);
13. Full details of teaching and research experience and service to the nation and immediate community where applicable
14. List of publications where applicable;
16. Extra Curricular Activities;
17. Position applied for;
18. Names and addresses of three referees.
Candidates’ submissions should be forwarded in an envelope which should have the position applied for clearly indicated on its left-hand corner.
Candidates should also request their three referees to send reports on them, under confidential cover, direct to the Registrar. The referees should also be informed to indicate the positions and departments applied for
Interested applicants should apply immediately via the address indicated below.
Federal University Ndufu-Alike Ikwo
Abakaliki Ebonyi State
Application closes on 13th December, 2011.