Vacancies: College Bursar, Guidance Counsellor I, Senior Guidance Counsellor
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant positions in the college:
Position: College Bursar
Salary Scale: CONTEDISS 15
Duties and Responsibilities
The Bursar shall be the Chief Financial Officer of the College and shall be responsible to the Provost for the day- to-day administration and control of the financial affairs of the College.
Qualifications and Experience
The candidate must:
- Possess a good honours degree/HND in Accountancy, Economics, Financial Management or related subjects from a recognized tertiary institution plus NYSC discharge certificate.
- Possess a professionally recognized accountancy qualification such as ICAN, ANAN, etc.
- Have a minimum of fifteen (15) years cognate experience in an institution of higher learning or any other private/public sector.
- Be computer literate with proven ability.
- Be morally sound, of impeccable character and high integrity, free from financial embarrassment and enjoy sound physical and mental health; and
- Be resourceful and full of initiatives.
Possession of an MBA is an added advantage.
Conditions of Service
The successful candidate for the position shall be placed on CONTEDI1SS 15. Other relevant benefits and allowances are as spelt out in the College Conditions of Service and as approved by the Governing Council.
The appointment shall be for an initial period of five (5) and the candidate may be re-appointed for another period of five (5) years and no more.
Position: Guidance Counsellor I
Salary Scale: CONTEDISS 9
- Candidate must be a holder of Master’s degree in Counselling from a recognized institution plus at least 3 years cognate work experience, or holder of a Doctorate degree in Counselling.
Position: Senior Guidance Counsellor
Salary Scale: CONTEDISS 11
- Candidate must possess a Master’s degree in Counselling from a recognized institution plus at least six (6) years cognate work experience or a holder of Doctorate degree in Counselling from a recognized institution of higher learning plus at least three (3) years cognate work experience.
Kindly note that evidence of teaching qualification is an added advantage for academic positions.
Method of Application
Applicants are required to submit thirty (30) copies of their applications, photocopies of Certificates and thirty (30) copies of their curriculum vitae, which should contain the following information:
i. Full Names with Surname underlined
ii. Post Desired
iii. Place and Date of Birth
v. State of Origin/Local Government
vi. Permanent Address
vii. Current Postal Address and contact telephone number(s)
viii. E-mail address
ix. Marital Status
x. Number and Ages of Children
xi. Name and Address of Next of Kin
xii. Educational Institutions attended with Dates
xiii. Qualifications (Academic and Professional)
xiv. Previous Employer(s), posts held with dates and duties performed
xv. Working Experience with dates
xvi. Publications, if any
xvii. Names, Addresses and Positions of three (3) Referees
xviii. Any other relevant Information
Candidates should inform their three (3) referees, one of whom should be their present employer, to forward references on them marked “Confidential” to reach the office of the Registrar before the closing date.
Submission of Application:
Applications which are to be received not later than 15th October 2013 should be submitted in an envelope marked “Confidential” at upper left-corner with the position desired indicated and forwarded to:
Adeyemi College of Education,
P.M.B. 520, Ondo.