Chemonics International seeks a qualified Statistician to provide a consultancy service for 10 days in Abuja. The Statistician will be responsible for designing data collection methodology involving seven value chain commodities with approximately 80,000 beneficiaries spread across value chains. The value chains are cross cutting in several states. His/her main duties include but not limited to the following tasks and will work closely with M&E team under the supervision of M&E Director
- Develop a sound sampling framework for carrying out performance evaluation with respect to the states covered by the program as well as value chain commodities.
- Critically design a recommended and justifiable sample size that is more cost-effective and also provide accurate results for impact assessment.
- Work with M&E team to develop a recommended data collection manual based on the project’s approach and operational methodology.
- Where necessary, provide trainings for the M&E team on sampling methodologies and frameworks for the program. The training should among other things cover sample size, confidence level, confidence interval, sampling error, etc.
- Using existing information develop an appropriate sample size for the annual cost, yield and income survey.
- A minimum of Master’s Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Social Sciences with professional training and working experience in statistical sampling design.
- Experience in designing sampling frameworks for large projects, Agricultural and value chain in development context will be added advantage
- At least 5 years demonstrated progressive experience in program statistical design in the context of a development project.
- Excellent understanding and applications of computerized database development, system, processes and applications;
- Demonstrable skills and experience in development of data tools, data analysis, data quality assessments, and data use;
- Past experience in use and applications computer based field data collection techniques;
Deliverables: At the end of the assignment, the statistician will be expected to submit
- A detailed report showing sampling methodology highlighting recommended sample size for each of the value chains based on population, state, sampling error, and level of distribution. The report should also elaborate on data collection methodology using the preferred/recommended sampling methodology.
Qualified applicants must include a cover letter highlighting relevant experience, a CV, Applications should be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org by September 19th, 2013. Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.