Vacancies: Clerical Officers (x5), Various Workshop Assistants
UNOPS Plays a critical role in providing management services for our life-saving, peace building, humanitarian and Development Operations, I have seen many examples of how these activities help suffering people in troubled parts of the world” Ban Ki-moon, United Nations Secretary-General.
UNOPS helps its partners in the United Nat.ons System meet the world’s needs for building peace, recovering from disaster and creating sustainable development. UNOPS is known for its ability to implement complex projects in all types of environments around the globe. In Delta state, UNOPS is implementing The Niger Delta lob Creation and Conflict Prevention Initiative which aims at mitigating the violence in the Niger Delta through job creation and conflict prevention initiatives to the vulnerable unemployed youths in the region. The project in Delta State is within the State Government’s Human Capital Development, Peace, Security and job Creation agenda and is jointly funded by the Delta State Government, United Nations Development Project (UNDP) and Shell Petroleum Development Corporation (SPDC).
This specific project covers a variety of sectors including training of beneficiaries in livelihood vocational skills development, job creation, mind-set change and conflict prevention initiatives. To achieve these objectives, UNOPS alongside the partners are setting up a befitting vocational training centre in Egbokodo, Warri, Delta State and would require the services of suitable qualified individuals for the following additional positions:
Position: Clerical Officers x5
Vacancy Reference Code UNOPS/VA/2013-022
- Individual will provide clerical duties and secretarial support to various departments.
- First level school leaving certificate with 4 O’ level credits in one sitting including English and Maths
- 3 years relevant working experience
Position: Various Workshop Assistants (in the following Workshops)
- Welding and Fabrication Workshop- Vacancy Reference Code UNOPS/VA/2013-023
- Carpentry Workshop- Vacancy Reference Code UNOPS/VA/2013-024
- Auto-Mechanics Workshop – Vacancy Reference Code UNOPS/VA/2013-025
- Diesel Plant-Fitting Workshop- Vacancy Reference Code UNOPS/VA/2013-026
- Hotel and Catering Management Workshop- Vacancy Reference Code UNOPS/VA/2013-027
- Electrical installation Workshop Vacancy Reference Code UNOPS/VA/2013-028
- Individual will provide assistance in the practical activities and in the repair and Maintenance of relevant field.
- OND qualification in the area required and relevant to the execution of duties
- City and Guilds stage II where applicable
- 3 years cognitive working experience in the relevant field
Method of Application:
1. All interested candidates are expected to submit their applications containing a letter of interest, curriculum vitae and the United Nations Personal History form (P11) to the following email address. firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 31st August 2013. Late submissions will not be accepted
2. Candidates must ensure that the subject line of the email application includes the position title and vacancy reference e.g Application: System Administrator UNOPS/VA/2013-001. Failure to meet this requirement will lead to an automatic disqualification.
3. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and no other correspondence will be entered into with applicants
4. For more details on recruitment, candidates are advised to visit UNOPS websites: www.unops.org and navigate to “Who we need”.
5. The UN Personal History Forms (P11) can also be obtained from the UNOPS website http://www.unops.org/english/whoweneed/pages/default.aspx
Recruitment for the above stated positions is carried out on behalf of the Delta State Government and successful candidates, once employed shall be subject to the best salary scale obtainable at Delta State institutions with an additional Special Duty Allowances(SDA)- 30% of Gross Salary. Candidates will not be recruited nor subject to UN Contract Agreement.
7. Interested and suitably qualified candidates working with the Delta State Government Educational Institutions are encouraged to apply Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
8. Successful candidates currently working with the Delta State Institutions would be placed on secondment and will benefit from the SDA.
9. Other successful candidates not working with the Delta State Government will be placed at a level commensurate with their qualifications and experiences and will also benefit from the SDA as addition to their Cross Salaries