Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the post Director of Administration in the Federal Teaching Hospital, Abakaliki, Ebonyi state.
Position: Director of Administration
Successful Candidate shall be:
- Responsible to the Chief Medical Director for the day to day general administration of the Teaching Hospital.
- The Chief Administrative adviser to the Chief Medical Director on the general administration matters.
- Taking charge of the general administration of the Administrative Department.
- Participating in formulation, execution and review of policies as directed by the Chief Medical Director and/or the Board.
- Co-ordinating the activities of support departments in the Hospital.
- Secretary to the Board of Management.
- Conduct the correspondence of Board and keep the records of the Hospital.
- Perform such other functions as the Board or the Chief Medical Director as the case may be, may from time to time assign to him/her.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Candidate must possess a good honours degree in any of the discipline of Social Sciences or Humanities from a recognized University or its equivalent.
- Candidate must have had at least twenty (20) years post qualification experience.
- Possession of Master’s Degree or Fellow of the Institute of Health Service Administrator of Nigeria or any other relevant higher degree or postgraduate professional qualifications in Hospital Management or any of the discipline specified in (i) above would be an added advantage.
CONHESS 15/1= (N4, 222,544.00P.A.)
Other allowances are as applicable to that obtainable in other Federal Teaching Hospitals in the country.
The DA shall hold the office for a period of a maximum of eight (8) years only from the effective date of appointment, provided the officer does not attain the mandatory retirement age of sixty (60) or thirty five (35) years of service earlier and on such terms and conditions as may be specified in the letter of appointment.
Method of Application
Interested candidates are to forward twenty (20) copies of their application along with photocopies of their credentials and detailed Curriculum Vitae highlighting the following:
- Full Name
- Place and Date Of birth
- Home Address
- Contact Address
- Nationality Marital status
- Number And Ages Of Children (If Any)
- Institutions Attended With Dates
- Academic qualifications obtained with dates
- Working Experience
- Present Employment Indicating Present Status And Salary
- Extra-Curricular activities
- Referees (3)
In a sealed envelope and marked POST OF THE DA on the top left hand comer addressed to: THE CHIEF MEDICAL DIRECTOR FEDERAL TEACHING HOSPITAL ABAKALIKI EBONYI STATE
Candidates are to request their referees to send confidential reports on them directly to the Chief Medical Director.
All applications must be received on or before close of work 2nd December, 2013. Only shortlisted candidates shall be invited for the interview.