Vacancies: Nigerian Seed Production Manager, Head of Department (Sales & Marketing)
AgriSeed Co Nigeria Limited is a subsidiary of Seed Co International; with business interest across 15 countries in Africa. Our wide basket of seed products includes Maize, Soybean, Wheat, Sorghum, Cotton, Cowpea etc.
We are looking to recruit suitable candidate for the following positions:
Position: Nigerian Seed Production Manager- Abuja
The Nigeria Seed Production Manager will manage all aspects of maize hybrid seed production within Nigeria including Foundation, Stock and Commercial Seed Production. Suitable candidates should also have experience with other crops like soybeans, sorghum, wheat, barley and other minor crops. Experience in bi-annual production, seed maize harvesting and processing is also required.
- Prepare, present and monitor the short and long term production plan working with all departments involved.
- Work in conjunction with related and third party companies to insure that the annual production plan is implemented and managed.
- Formulate, negotiate and continuously improve production contracts.
- Manage relationship with key stakeholders.
- Prepare annual operating budget for the production department activities.
- Report to Company breeders and R & D staff as to the performance effect of genetics from a production standpoint.
- Assume single point accountability for land preparation, planting, general crop husbandry.
- Have thorough understanding and hands-on experience of highly technical matters.
- Examine, and implement, where technical adaptations can improve seed production, seed quality and achieve cost savings.
Qualification & Other Requirements
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in an Agriculture/Crop production based program with 5-10 years working experience.
- The preferred Candidate should not be more than 36years old.
- Certified and active experience relating to maize hybrid seed production Masters in including the full management of all annual processes up to the point the crop leaves the processing facility properly treated, graded and packaged.
- Supervisory experience in managing staff, time, and budgets to ensure the full compliance and successful completion of a production plan.
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally to various growing regions within and Outside Nigeria (as might be required).
- Will be in close contact with pollinating plants, and will oversee the application of federal and Company approved input chemicals.
Position: Head of Department (Sales & Marketing) North
The Head of Sales & Marketing will research and evaluate opportunities in seed marketing (maize, soybeans, cowpea seed etc), formulate and implement Sales and Marketing strategies that will enable the company meet their objectives and goals.
He/She must have passion to create a niche for the seed business, create effective demand, establish pricing strategies, identify target audience and determine the best way to reach that audience and manage distribution channels for products
- Provide direction and leadership for the Sales & Marketing team towards the achievement of sales growth in line with the company’s business objectives.
- Develop Sales & Marketing plans and strategy that will lead to the acquisition, retention and expansion of Company’s Customer base profitably.
- Provide management reports and periodic reviews to senior management on business performance.
- Uphold good customer service at all time.
- Develop and execute the marketing strategies and annual plans to meet agreed company objectives.
- Responsible for the marketing of company products and services to the right market whether B2B (Business to Business (trade members) or B2C (Business to Consumer).
- Develop new business opportunities and contribute valuable insights into positioning and well being of our brand.
Qualification & Other Requirements
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in an agriculture/Crop production based program with 5-10 years in sales and marketing of seeds and related Agric. Inputs.
- A Masters in Business Administration or related qualification will be an added advantage.
- The preferred candidate should not be more than 36 years old.
- Extensive experience of developing, maintaining and delivering on sales and marketing strategies to meet company objectives.
- A strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
- Willingness to travel and work locally and globally with a team of motivated professionals.
- A proven ability to oversee all sales, marketing, advertising and promotional staff and activities.
How to Apply:
Qualified and interested applicants should send their application letter and CV to: email@example.com stating the position applied for as the subject of the email on or before 17th September 2013