Vacancies: Senior Technical Officer, Project Manager
Malaria Consortium ( www.malariaconsortium.org ) is one of the world’s leading non-profit organizations which is dedicated to the comprehensive control of malaria and other communicable diseases in Africa and Southeast Asia. Malaria Consortium works with communities. Government and non-Governmental agencies, academic institutions, local and international organizations: to ensure good evidence support delivery of effective services, providing technical support for monitoring and evaluation of programmes and activities for evidence-based decision-making and strategic planning.
The organization has been in operations in Nigeria since 2008 and recently opened a in Abuja to fully establish itself with its long term commitment. Malaria Consortium now seeks to recruit professionals in its country office and new projects in Nigeria:
Position: Senior Technical Officer: Abuja
The Senior Technical Officer will be based in the Abuja Country office and will be responsible for preparing and implementing the intervention plans that focus on all technical aspects of the project in compliance with the overall project plan S/he will oversee project monitoring and research activities and ensure all ethical and clearance considerations are met in time. The Officer will promote the use of injectable(s) and intra-rectal Artesunate in the management of severe malaria cases
Other Key Responsibilities include:
- Work closely with Country Technical Coordinator, Project Manager and Regional Programme Coordinator to develop and update technical strategies to achieve project objectives.
- Work with the Project Manager to develop detailed intervention plans including research plans.
- Ensure that the case management trainings are carried out with high quality and on time.
- Design health workers Capacity building tools and strengthening packages that employ adult learning methods working closely with the Project Manager, Regional Programme Coordinator and Regional Case Management Specialist.
- Supervise research study implementation, data management and data quality assurance.
- Support the M&E and other relevant technical team members’ in monitoring and result measurement, performance management and quality assurance.
- A Medical professional preferably in Pediatrics or Medicine; with significant experience in clinical management or clinical research of severe malaria – particularly familiar with the use of injectable Artesunate.
- S/he must have a minimum 8-years’ experience with 3-years’ working experience in a similar role and within Nigeria or an African Country.
- The ideal candidate must have proven technical skills in Malaria Global current malaria case management, experience in Medical Research and knowledge of adult learning methods.
- Excellent communication, data analysis, report writing, project management, M&E and capacity building skills are required.
Position: Project Manager – Abuja
The Project Manager will be based in the Abuja Country officer and will be responsible for overall management, coordinate and harmonization of the Nigeria component of the Multi-country programme. S/he will lead project implementation activities ensuring consistency with overall programme performance framework in line with the programme core values.
Other Key Responsibilities include:
- Work with the project team in-Country and the Regional Programme Coordinator (RPC) for smooth project startup and planning of all project technical components.
- Actively seek opportunities to align the severe malaria outcomes projects with other on-going projects in the country.
- Oversee and manage country office project budget management and expenditure.
- Work with the country finance team to prepare and track progress of project and activity budgets.
- Ensure that the market development principles of the project are maintained throughout the project and work to see that the project is contributing to the systemic changes that are necessary to produce a sustainable market for injectable Artesunate.
- Prepare country office project progress and narrative reports on time and according to donor agreement.
- Work with the Technical Programme Coordinator and RPC to put in place and run an excellent performance management and quality assurance system.
- A Health professional with a minimum of 8-years’ post-qualification experience in the Public health sector within Nigeria or any Africa country.
- S/he must have a minimum of 3-years’ experience working at National level of a programme in Nigeria or a developing country.
- Previous experience in project management, market development projects, malaria case management practices and a strong understanding of budget management within a donor funding environment will be an added advantage.
- The ideal candidate should possess excellent communication, team building, negotiation organizing, problem solving and presentation skills.
Method for Application:
Candidates who fully meet the above requirements should submit an application letter and a recent CV through the appropriate link on our website at: www.griconsulting.net . The subject of the mail must contain the title of the position applied for. Applications without a subject title will not be processed All applications must be submitted latest by Friday, 20th September, 2013. Interviews will commence thereafter with a view to engaging the best candidate thereafter. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.