Vacancies: Teacher Trainers, National Girl’s Club Coordinator
Title: Girls Education Project in Nigeria
Location: Kano, Nigeria
In many countries, girls continue to face barriers to accessing a quality basic education. This project will address this challenge, reaching hundreds of schools and communities across Ghana, Kenya and Nigeria over the next 2-3 years. We are inviting applications for the following positions
All candidates must be Nigerian nationals and have familiarity with national education initiatives and priorities, especially as regards girls’ education. For teacher trainers, a solid understanding of Nigeria’s basic education and teacher training curricula is expected.
Position: Teacher Trainers
- Bachelor’s degree in education is required.
- Minimum 5 years teaching and training experience in primary and/or junior secondary schools, preferably in Kano.
- Training experience in an international development program setting, particularly with girls’ education and/or educational technology initiatives, is preferred.
Position: National Girl’s Club Coordinator
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Gender and Development, Education, International Development.
- Minimum 6-8 years experience coordinating girls’ education and/or gender and development initiatives, including in northern Nigeria.
- Specific experience with promoting gender equity and/or girls’ education in relevant contexts via community engagement, girls’ clubs, and/or mass media.
Position: Community Action Mobilizers
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in social work, education, international development, gender or development (equivalent additional training and experience will be considered);
- Minimum 5 years experience with community-based facilitation, including addressing local norms related to girls’ education and/or gender and development.
- Community outreach experience in Kano.
If you are interested in applying for these positions, send a cover letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 26th October, Please include the Job Title in the subject line. Only qualified short-listed candidates will be contacted.