Applications are invited from suitable qualified candidate tofill the position below in the Federal College of Education, Katsina.
The expected candidate for the post must demonstrate evidence of strong academic and administrative leadership, abilities for strategic thinking and planning, must be innovative and creative in policy formulation, exhibit good human resources management/relations, and with positive managerial attributes.
The Provost is the Chief Executive of the College, The successful candidate would be exacted to provide the required academic, administrative and professional leadership for the College in executing the broad policies laid down by the Governing Council for the achievement of the objectives for which the institution was established, He/ She shall foster good rapport with the relevant organs of the Federal Ministry of Education, National Commission for Colleges of Education (NCCE) and other professional bodies that could lead to the ultimate attainment of
the objectives of the College as centre of excellence for which the College has been earmarked,
- Candidates should possess a Ph.D Degree in a field relevant to at least one programme in the College from a recognized University. The possession of professional teaching qualification (minimum Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE) or Post Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) is MANDATORY.
- Candidates must have held senior research and top administrative posts in institutions of higher learning for a minimum of fifteen (15) years post qualification cognate experience and must not be below the rank of a Chief Lecturer in a College of Education or Reader or Associate Professor in a University or equivalent institutions for at least 5 years,
- He/She must not be more than 55 years of age at the time of assumption of duty.
- Candidates must show evidence of good track record in result-oriented researches reaching high national and international status in their research achievements,
- Candidates must be proficient in ICT packages and capabilities.
- Candidates must be of good conduct disciplined, dedicated, with drive, resourcefulness and be able to command the respect and loyalty of the members of staff and the students of the College and meet the demands of teacher education for the 21st century. He /she must be somebody who is not likely to foster personal, social, ethnic, political, religious and other sectional interests,
- Preference will be given to candidates from the College of Education system
Terms of Appointment
- The appointment is for an initial period of four (4) years in the first instance and may be eligible for re- appointment for a final second term of four (4) years.
- The salary attached to the post is according to a special Scheme of Service and is consolidated.
- The candidate will be entitled to all benefits as obtained in other Federal College of Education system in Nigeria
Method of Application
applications should be submitted in fifteen (15) copies with up-to-date Curriculum Vitae, which must include the following information:
1. Full Names, Surname Underlined
2. Marital Status
3. Number of Children; Indicating the Age of Each
4. Date and Place of Birth; Local Government Area
5. State of Origin
6. Geo-Political Zone
8. Current Postal Address
9. Permanent Home Address
10. Educational institutions Attended with Dates
11. Academic and Professional Qualification and Distinctions with Dates
12. Membership of Professional Association/Bodies
13. Work Experience in Chronological Sequence
14. Present Employer-Status and Salary
15. Extra Curricula Activities
16. Publications in Standard Form
17. Names and Addresses of Three (3) Referees One of Whom must be the Present Employer
18. Date Available to Assume Duty if Appointed
The application should be forwarded to the Chairman, Governing Council, Federal College of Education, P.M.B 2041, Katsina through the candidate’s employers (if employed) him on or before 9th May 2011.
In addition, candidates are required to ask their referees to send Confidential Reports on them to the same address above before the closing date.