Vacancies: Project Officer-IEC and Training, Project Office Procurement
Federal Capital Territory Administration has applied for Credit from International Development Association (IDA) towards the Community and Social Development Project (CSDP). The objective of the CSDP is to increase access of people (in Rural Communities) in the Federal Capital Territory to improved Social and Natural Resources Infrastructure Services in a sustainable manner through the provision of grant support to communities. The proposed project will be implemented over a five year period.
Federal Capital Territory Agency for Community and Social Development Project (FCTACSDA) now invites application from suitable qualified candidates from the public and private sectors for recruitment for Community and Social Development Project (FCTACSDA).
Position: Project Officer-IEC and Training
- Facilitate the carrying out of advocacy for the CSDP at the FCT level through information, education and communication (IEC) campaigns.
- Ensure linkage with relevant ministries/agencies on integrating collective action and mobilization of resources, for sectoral development plans.
- Undertake regular skill gap, analysis of project staff, line ministries, LGRC and CPMC members and identify requisite training to address them
- Maintain links and update knowledge of other agencies programmes on advocacy, sensitization and awareness and communication
- Be responsible for preparing periodic report on progress in advocacy, mobilization and awareness, measured against the target of annual work plans and legal funding requirements (e.g. IDA/ donor requirements)
Qualification and Experience:
- At least a degree or HND in Social Sciences, Natural Resources, Sciences, rural environmental development, Agric Extension with at least 5years post qualification experience part of which must relate to training and social analysis, especially rural appraisals. Computer literacy is compulsory and experience in community level facilitation and mobilization is an added advantage.
Position: Project Office Procurement
- Be responsible for procurement at the SA including procurement planning, design, implementation, management and training
- Be responsible for the preparation of bid documents (inclusive technical specifications) for the acquisition of goods/services
- Maintain comprehensive procurement unit cost database to be used in preparing a project Cost Document and Provide up to date information on all procurement at the SA.
- Ensure that procurement plans are implemented as scheduled
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the General Manager
Qualification and Experience:
- At least a first degree or HND in Business Administration, Engineering, Architecture, Marketing, Purchasing and Supply or related field with at least five years post qualification experience part of which must relate to procurement in a foreign funded agency or state government due process office. Computer literacy is compulsory and experience in community contracting is an added advantage.
Method of Application:
Interested applicants from private sector or civil service should submit ten (10) numbers of hand written application each with comprehensive curriculum vitae on or before 3rd April, 2012 addressed and delivered to:
The Director. Economic Planning Department,
Federal Capital Territory Administration,
Area 11– Garki, Abuja
Applications are to clearly mark on the envelop “Expression of interest for………….Position”
Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted.