Vacancies: Logistics/Transport Assistant, Driver
UNOPS plays a critical role in providing management services for our life-saving, peace building, humanitarian and development operations. I have seen many examples of how these activities help suffering people in troubled parts of the world.”
Ban Ki-moon, United Nations Secretary-General
UNOPS helps its partners in the United Nations System meet the world’s needs for building peace, recovering from disaster, and creating sustainable development. UNOPS is known for its ability to implement complex projects in all types of environments around the globe. Supported by the African Regional Office (AFO) based in Johannesburg, South Africa, UNOPS Nigeria is currently implementing various projects for its development partners in the country. AFO helps ensure that projects are executed to the highest standards, providing shared knowledge base and ensuring that best practices and lessons are disseminated between projects across the entire region.
UNOPS Nigeria currently seeks well qualified and suitable candidates for the following positions to join its complement of staff to make significant, tangible contribution to its work in the country:
Position: Logistics/Transport Assistant
Vacancy Reference Code UNOPS/VA/2012-006
Level: Local ICA3
- Ensure proper maintenance and safe and secure storage of all office equipment and properties
- Arrangement of vehicles transportations, regular vehicles maintenance and insurance
- Provide logistics supports to all conferences, workshops & retreats’
- Performance of buyers role in ATLAS & preparation of Pos travel activities
- Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Minimum of secondary school or equivalent required.
- At least 4years of administrative /operational experience in logistics and related field;
- Experience working with UN systems or Int’l NGO may be an added advantage;
- Strong field experience and valid driving license
Vacancy Reference Code UNOPS/VA/2012-007
Level: Local ICA2
- Driving of office or project vehicles for the transport of authorised personnel;
- Received and take visitors to and from the airport, assisting with immigration formalities as required;
- Collect and deliver mail, documents, and other items;
- Ensure that all vehicles comply with the minimum operating security standards (MOSS);
- Take care of the day to day maintenance of assigned vehicle, check oil, water, battery and breaks
- Log official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes and greasing
- Follow all rules and regulations in relation to the management of UNOPS vehicles
- Perform other related duties as required.
- A secondary School education is required
- At least 3 years driving experience preferable with an international NGO or UN agency
- Driver’s licence at least three (3) years old
- Elementary motor mechanic skills
Submission of Application
Qualified Candidates are encouraged to submit their application, including a letter of interest, complete curriculum vitae, and an updated UN Personal
History Form (P11)
http://www.unops.org/english/whoweneed/pages/default.aspx available on our
Website), on or before 16th July 2012 to:
The Programme Coordinator,
UNOPS Nigeria Office,
4th floor Toyota Elizade building,
Plot 596 Independence Avenue Cadastral Zone
Opposite Bolingo Hotel
Central Business District.
Via e-mail to: email@example.com Kindly indicate the vacancy number and the post title in the subject line when applying by e-mail.
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered
- Only those applicants that ate short-listed will not be notified
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
- UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a level below advertised level of the post.